10 Life Lessons I learnt at Palghar


My time at Palghar has finally come to an end. Its hard to believe it myself,as its something i have yet to swallow. My life in Palghar  has been nothing short of a roller coaster ride. Up's and Down's, turns and bumps at every corner. There were these days where I felt like I'm wasting my entire life away. When I get out of bed and I didn't feel like I did sleep at all. Yet everything was a lesson to be learnt. Every dark cloud has a silver lining, and there is good after everything bad. When i joined there, i was an immature teen, yet to ever be out of my comfort zone. Today i can say, that I'm a completely different person. And as much as i hate Palghar, i cannot deny the fact that it was also the most learning experience in my life so far. I have lot of memories attached there. Good ones and bad. I met some awesome people who changed my life forever, good friends that were there for me all the time and for that I will always be indebted. What were the most important things i learnt there?

1.Time Flies. I thought I would work tomorrow for the class tests and get average for once after I finished the first season of Prison Break. Next thing I know, I'm at the Test venue, trying to solve derivations when all I can recall is when Micheal and Sara gave their relationship another shot.

2. People have different ways to interpret the world - There'll be people who will disagree with you no matter what, not because they hate you (that may be part of the reason though), but they see/hear/feel things differently from how you precieve them. It's not their fault, that's who they are. It's not your fault either, it's just the way it is.

3.  Don't try to change people. Strategise instead - It is ridiculously difficult to change people. Way easier to 'hack' your way through. If a person is a arsehole in general, it's a long term job to try to convince him/her to not be one. Try instead to use his/her being arsehole to your advantage.

4. Heartbreak saps more college productivity out of an average SJCETian than bad teachers, and silent crushes are the worst. If you like someone, you owe it to YOURSELF to let that someone know.

5. Learning stuff isn't hard, but it's made out to be - If you don't get the concept from your textbook, look at your reference book, look at wikipedia, email your prof - explain what you have understood till now and what is hazy. This is something i realized during my final year. Better late than never

6. Nobody is expecting you to achieve great things. It's a pleasant surprise and an extraordinary thing to start achieving while you're still in there. Be extraordinary

7. Learn how to meet new people consistently, it's the new barometer of professional success. (Walk up, smile and say Hi, people don't bite)

8. If someone can become a HOD without even knowing basic Microsoft Word, I can also become the president of My Country

9. To compromise. Everything isn't about you. Sometimes we need to let things go.

10. There's a time and place for everything, and it's called college.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Story Behind German Club Names

Apple Motion Pictures-The Rise

Dedicated to Meldon Sampey