Full Metal Alchemist - Bratja


If you have read my previous article on Anime, you may have quite have known how much I love the FMA series.  And this is not just limited to watching it, for example take the very link of this blog itself, 'ironbloodalchemist', a name of a character in this anime series (heck  I even used this as my mobiles bluetooth   name in the past). However one thing that got me totally in love with this series is the background music. Beaming sunlight, Kesenai tsumi, melessa are just some of the songs used in it. However one song that actually caught my attention was Bratja ( a russian song that translates to 'Brothers', the main theme which revolves round the series). The first time i heard it , a emotional part of the series was going on , and trust me, i actually had tears in my eyes, thanks to the background music of Bratja.This is probably one of the best songs i have ever heard and ofcourse its not as famous as the others.Thanks to the internet i finally found its translated lyrics, which goes as follows.
Brothers

How can I repay you, brother mine?
How can I expect you to forgive?
Clinging to the past, I shed our blood
And shattered your chance to live

Though I knew the laws, I paid no heed
How can I return your wasted breath?
What I didn't know has cost you dear;
For there is no cure for death

Beautiful mother, soft and sweet
Once you were gone we were not complete
Back through the years we reached for you
Alas, it was not to be

And how can I make amends
For all that I took from you?
I led you with hopeless dreams
My brother, I was a fool

Don't cry for the past now, brother mine
Neither you nor I are free of blame
Nothing can erase the things we did
For the path we took was the same

How could I expect to call you wrong?
How could you be blamed for what we've done?
Both of us were fools in our desires
As we flew too close to the sun

Beautiful mother, soft and sweet
Once you were gone we were not complete
Back through the years we reached for you
Alas, it was not to be

My dreams made me blind and mute
I longed to return to that time
I followed without a word
My brother, the fault is mine

So where do we go from here?
And how to forget and forgive?
What's gone is forever lost
Now all we can do is live

(Here is an instrumental version by Taylor Davis, and American Violinist)

Reading through it, the song exactly reflects what thoughts & emotions the Elric Brothers ( for those unaware , its the surname of the main charecters in the series) are holding about each other. Quite poignant. You can listen/download it in its original Russian language here . Similarly if your a musician and would like to play the tune, click here , or watch it on youtube. Hope you will love it as i did.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Story Behind German Club Names

Berni the bear wants to leave Bayern

Apple Motion Pictures-The Rise