Unlike counterparts in England, Spain or Italy, German clubs have a knack of adorning their date of foundation with great importance. They treat their foundation date with such reverence that it almost always forms a part of the official club name – 1860 Munich, Schalke 04, Bayer 04 (Leverkusen), Mainz 05, BVB 09 (Dortmund), Hannover 96. Many more at least carry the dates in their club badge, like Bochum, Düsseldorf, St. Pauli or Duisburg do. VfB Stuttgart’s logo read ’1893′ but not ‘Stuttgart’ until 1999. These dates mark an important era of the beginning of football in Germany. Long before football arrived in Germany, gymnastics dominated the country. Most early clubs were created for exactly this purpose. Back in the old days, football in Germany was considered as the ‘English disease’ and only took its roots later in the 19th century. When these clubs were founded, they were never solely for football, but were multi-sport, non-profit associations offering its members sports suc...
The time was ticking on the clock, with just a few minutes left for the countdown to the final whistle. The match was intense, with the opposition dominating the flow of the game. With barely a few seconds left, a thin fair complexion boy made his run to the opposition box and slipped one past the goalkeeper in the dying moments. There were screams and shouts of joy and celebration all around. The then, FE COMPS were victorious, defeating the team many considered back then, the strongest. And Meldon Sampey was their match winner, It's the story that still goes around from the football freaks of the current third year, about how Meldon was the architect of that win. Almost three years since that incident, our dear and close friend is no longer amongst us, on 5th October 2010 ; Meldon Sampey was the victim of a horrific train accident at Virar station. On a day that seemed just as normal as any other, turned out to be a night mare for all his close friends and family. It's stil...
My time at Palghar has finally come to an end. Its hard to believe it myself,as its something i have yet to swallow. My life in Palghar has been nothing short of a roller coaster ride. Up's and Down's, turns and bumps at every corner. There were these days where I felt like I'm wasting my entire life away. When I get out of bed and I didn't feel like I did sleep at all. Yet everything was a lesson to be learnt. Every dark cloud has a silver lining, and there is good after everything bad. When i joined there, i was an immature teen, yet to ever be out of my comfort zone. Today i can say, that I'm a completely different person. And as much as i hate Palghar, i cannot deny the fact that it was also the most learning experience in my life so far. I have lot of memories attached there. Good ones and bad. I met some awesome people who changed my life forever, good friends that were there for me all the time and for that I will always be indebted. What were the most im...
Comments
Post a Comment